Friday, June 10, 2011

Wilton Decorating Basics: Lesson 1



This past Monday I began taking Wilton Method Course 1: Decorating Basics class at my local Michael's store! It's something I've been wanting to try for a while now. I've tried to teach myself how to use a pastry bag many times to no avail so I figured it might be best for me to take a class and learn it the right way. I've only had one class, but think I'm getting more comfortable with it already. Probably the biggest thing I've learned so far is that even just baking the cakes is much more complicated than I thought -- especially if you want it to be a perfect, bakery-style cake!

We learned how to frost a cake and also how to make stars with the pastry bag. These are photos of my practice cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment