Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chocolate Covered Caramel Apples


Probably about 10 years ago, I was a big fan of the Rosie O'Donnell Show and would watch it everyday after school. For a time, Rosie was obsessed with these Williams Sonoma Apples which were caramel covered apples covered in chocolate and then sprinkled with chopped almonds. Yum! On one of the shows, she showed the views how to make them, and soon after my family and I tried out the recipe ourselves. For some reason, I was moved to try it again.

They are fairly simple to make since you only need a few ingredients: apples (large ones preferably),  caramels (like Milk Maid), chocolate chips or melts, and chopped almonds.

Notes: - I suggest opting to melt the caramels and chocolate in the microwave so you can have more control. - If the apples are cold, the caramel hardens up fast (which is both good and bad; you just have to work faster). -Wait until the caramel is hardened to cover it with chocolate. - When you're finished, I recommend not putting these in the refrigerator because the caramel gets too hard and it's difficult to cut and chew it.

Here's how they came out:






No comments:

Post a Comment