Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!


This year's Halloween desserts were chocolate cupcakes and Heath bar fudge! I wanted to go a less traditional route in terms of colors for the cupcake icing. I absolutely love purple and black together as Halloween colors, but we ended up with purple and grey which I think looks pretty cool!


Last year, I bought a Wilton cupcake kit on clearance after Halloween and was very excited to use it this year, however I only used the cupcake wraps this time. I think the wraps go very nicely with the choice of icing colors.


I've been obsessed with these Wilton Silver Pealized Jimmies for a few years now and finally bought some. I think they look great on the grey. I can't wait to use them more in my future decorating.


And, as I mentioned, we also made fudge using our Heath bar recipe which I blogged about here. Using royal icing, we made little spider webs to go on top which was inspired by this gorgeous Halloween Dessert Table. We were very nervous because we thought they would break when we took them off the wax paper but we were careful and they turned out fine (phew!).


I hope everyone has a delicious Halloween! Don't eat too much candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment