Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wilton Decorating Basics: Lesson 4


And here's my final cake!

This time I did a chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream icing. The roses are almond/vanilla flavored butter cream and the middle layer is filled with raspberry jam.  To be honest, part of the motivation behind trying the chocolate butter cream was because I was kind of terrified to get ugly crumbs in the white icing. I'm happy with my decision - the chocolate butter cream is delicious!

Surprisingly, the "ribbon roses" aren't terribly difficult to do. My biggest issue is that the edges of mine aren't very smooth and I'm not sure why.I actually like the way mine look though. (I'm sure you can tell which one the instructor did for me! Haha!)






And that's the end of my Wilton cake decorating adventure. I really enjoyed my experience and can't wait to try some designs on my own. I'll be sure to post pictures as a do the projects!

To relive the first three lessons, check them out here:
Lesson 1

Lesson 2
Lesson 3

No comments:

Post a Comment